6th Grade Mathematics Syllabus
1. Be in your seat, ready and prepared for class.
2. Raise your hand to ask a question or to be recognized in order to contribute to class discussion.
3. Refrain from conversations during instructional class time. All talking will be teacher directed.
4. Remain in your assigned seat until the teacher dismisses class.
5. Food, drinks, candy, and gum are not permitted in the classroom. Water bottles are permitted! Water ONLY!
6. At all times, show respect for the teacher and administration, fellow students, school property, and most importantly yourself.
7. Listen and follow directions carefully.
8. Keep all of your papers. Never toss a paper away. Place all handouts, returned papers, and others in the designed sections of your notebook.
9. When absent, you are responsible for making up the work as quickly as possible. Be sure to ask for missed work, notes, and assignments.
10. Study and prepare daily. Retests are rarely given. Extra credit work is not an option. Your grades will be weighted as follows:
11. Assignments are to be completed in pencil. Also, word processing is often an option in writing assignments. Check with the teacher first.
12. Copy down your assignments daily.
(You just cannot remember everything!)
13. Homework is an important part of your education. You will have homework each night. It may be an assignment, incomplete classwork, or preparation for a test. There is no excuse for any student to receive any less than 100 for homework.
Grades are weighted:
Classwork/Daily Warm-ups 40%
A = 90 - 100
B = 80 - 89
C = 70 – 79
D = 60 – 69
F = 0 – 59
Late Work Policy:
Many types of assignments are given during a nine week period to include homework, classwork, quizzes, projects, and tests. Each time an assignment is given, a due date is also given. Students are allowed to turn in work up to 5 days late, and 10 points will be deducted for each date it is late. Any assignment that is not received within 5 days after the due date will not be accepted. As the teacher, I will try my best to be mindful of events and circumstances that may interfere with a due date and I will give sufficient time for assignments to be completed. If the student is absent on the day an assignment is given, then board policy states they have up to 5 days to complete the assignment, but it is the responsibility of the student to see the teacher for any missed work. If the student is absent on the day the assignment is due, then the assignment is due on the day the student returns.